Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to change row header on Matrix

Hello everybody. I'm very new to Power BI, with no background whatsoever on software like this (I've onlye used Excel my whole life), so excuse me in advance if it takes a while for me to understand... I promise to make an effort!

I sell products. So I wanted to see how many units of certain products I have sold each month and to which client, so I built a matrix controlled by a "Products" slicer (top left corner of the picture), where the row header shows "Clients", and the column header shows "Month", so in the Slicer I can select product "A" and in the Matrix I see in the first column (row header) all the clients that have bought product "A", and in the columns I can see how many units they have bought each month . I also have this same data showing in a graph (the one on the picture). This is working fine.

Matrix Help Needed.png

Now, I need to display the same data but instead of showing "Clients" as the row header, I want to see "Products", so I can easely see how many units I've sold for each product, each month. But I don't want to have to build a whole other Matrix and Graph, it doesn't fit in this report page, so I want to be able to have a slicer (I guess) where I can choose to see this data either by "Clients" or by "Products".

Is there any way I could do this? I would really really appreciate your help!

Thanks Power BI community!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

look at this.

https://radacad.com/bookmarks-and-buttons-making-power-bi-charts-even-more-interactive

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Please give Kudos for support.

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Anonymous ,

look at this.

https://radacad.com/bookmarks-and-buttons-making-power-bi-charts-even-more-interactive

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @mwegener  thank you so much for your answer, it works!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.