Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to change one table direct query to import

Hello,

I have a really big data model and I want to change one table which is defined as Direct Query to Import mode.
As far as I know I can change it by clicking right bottom of the report and change direct query to import but it is designed for "all" tables. 
I just need to change one table.

How can I do that?

Thanks in advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@Anonymous ,

Go to Relationship View --> Select required table --> go to properties pane --> under Advanced option --> Storage Mode --> change to direct to import or vice versa (Screen shot is attached)

Capture.JPG

Don't forgrt to hit THUMBS UP and Accept this as a solution if it helps you!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

View solution in original post

v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Based on your description, it is available to operate as follows.

You can choose ‘Model View’ in the left pane, select the corresponding table using ‘DirectQuery’ storage mode, go to ‘Properties’, change the storage mode from ‘DirectQuery’ to ‘Import’. 

c1.png

Best Regards,

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
spsp
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I found there is no 'Drect Query' option available, is this convert from import to direct query function removed from powerbi?

it depends on your source for the data @spsp  

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

ENilox
Frequent Visitor

Saved my life. Thx.

v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Based on your description, it is available to operate as follows.

You can choose ‘Model View’ in the left pane, select the corresponding table using ‘DirectQuery’ storage mode, go to ‘Properties’, change the storage mode from ‘DirectQuery’ to ‘Import’. 

c1.png

Best Regards,

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous go to relationship tab, and choose table and in property section you can change storage mode

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@Anonymous ,

Go to Relationship View --> Select required table --> go to properties pane --> under Advanced option --> Storage Mode --> change to direct to import or vice versa (Screen shot is attached)

Capture.JPG

Don't forgrt to hit THUMBS UP and Accept this as a solution if it helps you!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Hi, How can I switch in Power Bi Desktop RS ??
Advanced Option is not available there!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.