Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Eva1
Frequent Visitor

How to change format / style of column headers

Eva1_0-1636148706318.png

Hi,

I have set up a table via BI but i would like to change the header of each column to be centred and a different colour?  Is this possible or have i taken an unecessarily long way round to do this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @Eva1 

The link above I used to show just one scenario with the Switch and Format functions
If you want to format as a percentage, you can select the column or measure you want to format and then click the percentage button at the top of the desktop.

vangzhengmsft_0-1636420476312.png

Or you can format it to the format you want by using the FORMAT function.

FORMAT Function.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Eva1
Frequent Visitor

Hi Alexis

So i have the table, then i clicked the three dots in the top right hand corner and this appeared.  Its headed Main, Outer header/border, reusable styles, header row, columns, rows.  I presume i need to write some code to adjust the colour of the header?

This doesn't look like anything from within Power BI Desktop to me unless it's from some custom visual. If it's a custom visual, you'll need to refer to the documentation for that visual if it has any.

Alexis - i think ive sat here for 3 hours looking at this and you are right, its a custom visual called 'summary table' when actually i just amended it to 'table' and looks fine!  ARGHHH.

Is there any way to format specific rows here to amend to % format?

Hi, @Eva1 

It may be helpful to use Switch or IF function, such as If(Max(RowName="A"),Value&"%", else)

refer:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Creating-a-calculated-column-for-the-latest-and-previous-da...

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, 

Do you mind explaining how to do this if and switch as this link doesnt appear to correctly show how?

Revenue

Cost of Sales

Profit

Profit Margin

And i would like the profit margin row to be formatted as a %.

I am new to BI so wanted to understand this at basic principles

Hi, @Eva1 

The link above I used to show just one scenario with the Switch and Format functions
If you want to format as a percentage, you can select the column or measure you want to format and then click the percentage button at the top of the desktop.

vangzhengmsft_0-1636420476312.png

Or you can format it to the format you want by using the FORMAT function.

FORMAT Function.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Sorry. I don't know how that custom visual works.

AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

I don't know what your screenshot is related to but if you have multiple fields in your table, then you can format them separately under the Field formatting section in the Format pane (note the toggle for whether to apply the format to header / values / total ).

If you have a matrix where your columns are a pivoted field, then I don't think you can control them separately.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.