Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to change filter options when applying RLS

Hello everybody,

I have configured some RLS roles in a dashboard and I'm facing a problem with the Data Segmentation.

It happens that in each RLS role, I need to show only the options related to this role, and when I change the role, the filters options must change too.

If I don't select any role, the Data Segmentation automatically selects the first option for the filter (because it's configured for single selection). When I apply a role, this first selection keeps selected. And here is the problem. The role I'm applying have no access to the option selected previously, and a blank dashboard appears until I change the filter.

How can I fix this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Not very clear about your question. If you refer to a slicer, viewers in the workspace should be able to access the selected options previously. Can you show the relevant screenshots?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Sounds like your RLS table is not sufficiently controlling the other tables and/or your RLS rules are incomplete.

Please provide more details on your data model and rules.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.