Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to change date to a different locale's format

Hi PBI forum,

I need to change the date of some fields from the US format of MM/DD/YY to the Australia/NZ format of DD/MM/YY.  I tried to change the format of the dates in the Query Editor using the 'Use Locale' option, but this didn't change anything.  How can I do this?

5 REPLIES 5
Nimai123
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hello @Anonymous  @Bhoga 

I have tried with the sample file, what you have to do is to first change the format of the date column if working well and good and if not then 

Go in your date settings and apply the below settings.

Capture.PNG

Updated file.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

watkinnc
Super User
Super User

Table.AddColumn(PriorStep, "NewDate", each Date.From([DateColumn], "en-US"), type date) is the way to do it in US, yours is probably "en-AU".

---Nate

I’m usually answering from my phone, which means the results are visualized only in my mind. You’ll need to use my answer to know that it works—but it will work!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

You can try adding a new column: 

DateFormat = FORMAT(Table1[Date]; "DD/MM/YY")

As long as your Date column is formatted as date it should work fine. 

Br 
Adrian
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for the response.  This did work in the table visual I have, but it did not work in the slicer.  I added the field as a slicer and the format is text.  How can I have the format in a slicer as DD/MM/YY?

Hi @Anonymous

Did you find a way to fix this? I am having the same issue, located in Melbourne, Australia and needed the date format in DD/MM/YYYY.
Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.