Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

YuanG
Helper I
Helper I

How to change date language of TimeBrush?

Hi there,

I've imported a custom visual named TimeBrush, i want to know is that possible to change the date format into french?

Thanks in advance for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @YuanG,

Based on my understanding, you want to change X-axis date value in a format(dd/MM/yyyy), right?

Based on my test, though we format the date field in dd/MM/yyyy format under Modeling or in a DAX, the date display in TimeBrush not in this format. The X-axis displays year, month separately. Also there is no OOTB feature for us to change X-axis value format. So for you requirement, it can't be achieved currently.

In addition, the TimeBrush visual is currently in beta testing and is undergoing active development. If you have any feedback about this visual, you can send a email to Power BI Custom Visuals Support alias: pbicvsupport@microsoft.com.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Qiuyun_Yu ,

Thanks for the reponse, In fact, it's not really about the format, i would like if the month can be show in french , like the second graph below. It can be not in format mm/yyyy, just with the month(Juin, Juillet...etc.)

Sans titre.png

Kind Regards,

Yuan

Hi @YuanG,

In your scenario, the field placed in the TimeBrush visual needs to be stored as French language in dataset.  Or please download French version of Power BI Desktop then check if the field in TimeBrush display in French language.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

I do use the french version from the beginning, and in my dataset, the date is also in french format. so that's why i don't know where is the problem since i've saw in the js file they have all type date format.

Kind Regards,

Yuan

Hi @YuanG,

For thsi issue, I would suggest you send a email to Power BI Custom Visuals Support alias: pbicvsupport@microsoft.com.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.