Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

id013
Helper V
Helper V

How to change colors on Show Data Section

Hi,

So I was messing around with colors using themes and I just noticed that the table that shows up when you click show data has messed up colors. How do I manually adjust this?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @id013 ,

I have a little confused about your requirement.

It seems that you do not want to use the theme. If it is, you could change to default theme by clicking Switch Theme>>Default.

In addition, by my test, the show data theme is the same as the default theme of the matrix when you import a custom theme.

Capture.PNG

If I misunderstood your scenario, feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi,

I probably didn't do a great job explaining myself. So I created a power bi JSON theme file because I wanted to set specific data colors for my data points. I wanted to set a finite colour pallette, only 30 colors or so. I was hoping it would apply them in the order they were in the file BUTwhen I applied it I saw that the colors were applied but randomly to random elements. So I spent the a while fixing the visualization up and it looked pretty good but then I realized that that the theme also adjust the colors of the show data section, so instead of what you have in your screenshots, mine had a background that was dark grey instead of white which is not great to look at. 

I re-wrote the JSON so that the colors for the section would be better but I didn't want to apply it to the visualization again because I would have to redo all the work I did before manually assigning colors. So by accident I chose to open the the show data section first THEN re-applied my theme. I thought I messed up but I found that it only affected the show data section and not the rest of my visualization. That's how I was able to fix my issue. Sorry if I wasn't more clear before.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@id013  in the setttings on the right, the painbrush, you should be able to adjust the colours.

If you give more information like a screen shot and show what the issue is exactly, its easier to direct you to the right place

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi

Sorry I wasn't very clear. I mean this section:

Image result for power bi show data

I think my theme messed with the colors, I don't want to apply the theme again because it took me a while to reassign colors for the rest of the visualizations. 

Thanks

Hi @id013 ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, feel free to ask.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @id013 ,

I have a little confused about your requirement.

It seems that you do not want to use the theme. If it is, you could change to default theme by clicking Switch Theme>>Default.

In addition, by my test, the show data theme is the same as the default theme of the matrix when you import a custom theme.

Capture.PNG

If I misunderstood your scenario, feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Hi,

I probably didn't do a great job explaining myself. So I created a power bi JSON theme file because I wanted to set specific data colors for my data points. I wanted to set a finite colour pallette, only 30 colors or so. I was hoping it would apply them in the order they were in the file BUTwhen I applied it I saw that the colors were applied but randomly to random elements. So I spent the a while fixing the visualization up and it looked pretty good but then I realized that that the theme also adjust the colors of the show data section, so instead of what you have in your screenshots, mine had a background that was dark grey instead of white which is not great to look at. 

I re-wrote the JSON so that the colors for the section would be better but I didn't want to apply it to the visualization again because I would have to redo all the work I did before manually assigning colors. So by accident I chose to open the the show data section first THEN re-applied my theme. I thought I messed up but I found that it only affected the show data section and not the rest of my visualization. That's how I was able to fix my issue. Sorry if I wasn't more clear before.

@id013  if you dont want to change the them then just adjust the colours for that specific visual which you can find the settings for on the right of your screen, where the paintbrush is

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.