cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gzigg

Re: How to change Power BI Desktop UI back to dark mode?

NO - NOT FIXED.   As of July 16, 2019, on PowerBI Version: 2.70.5494.761 64-bit (June 2019) THIS IS NOT FIXED. 

From everything im reading it seems to be a choice forced onto users by Microsoft developers.   

Im amazed such a basic but impactful thing like GUI color is changed without even providing an improvement over the prior color (ie: a way to chose).   This action reveals where the PowerBI Leadership's head is at, their actions reveal their thoughts:  "disregard the humans using our interface, we will dictate what they need, we know better than they do".     GRRRRRRRR.

I was just starting to like PowerBI.   Back to TABLEAU for me.

Steve_T

Hi Folks,

A quick get around  for the Powerbi Dark mode problem.

Use the windows 10 Magnifier.

In Options toggle the Invert colours Switch on and set the Magnifier view to full screen.

This will fake a dark mode. You will have to turn it off to view your visualizations in the correct colours, but it does help your eyes.

Hope this helps

Ellick
Regular Visitor

I un-installed and re-installed the PBI but the UI remains as light /white mode ? 

Rian_II Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @Ellick ,

I'm not aware of any hack to change to dark mode. Fortunately Microsoft has announced that the recent ribbon changes enables them to do the following in a future update: 

Add the black and dark grey Office themes to Power BI Desktop

See the November update video for more info.

Kind regards

Rian

EarthIsFlat

Yea I cannot dev in anything other than dark mode.  Just compleatly unmotivated to do so.  I hate the bright white and fight it tooth and nail.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors