cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

How to carry over filter context specified in a DAX measure on a drill-through

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a drill-through from a summary matrix DAX measure into a details page. The measure itself has several filters applied in the DAX. One is where the date/time is BEFORE the minimal date value set for the date range of the report. This is to calculate an opening balance, which sums quantity on hand before the report date range. When clicking to the drill-through page, it will carry over the context/user defined filters from the matrix grid, but I need to implement the filters from the DAX on the details page so that the correct records show.

The main issue is with the date. The drill-through carries over a date filter from the summary page, which is the report range, but we only want records on the drill-through page which are before that min/first value of that date range.

Ex: Report filter is 4/1/2019 to 4//30/2019.  Opening balance DAX value is summing quantity where date < 4/1/2019.

CALCULATE(SUM('Item'[Quantity]), FILTER(ALL('Item Status'[Status DateTime]),'Item Status'[Status DateTime] < MIN('Item Status'[Status DateTime]))

I'm trying to figure out how to create a new measure and apply the dynamic filter on the details/drill through page that will filter to only show records before the first selected date of the report range, which will show the actual opening balance transactions. Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Sicilian 

Is it possible to share your dat,pbix in Onedrive / Googledrive and share the link here.

Also if you can explain the results expected in summary and detailed page that will help.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite with Arun Ulag

Featured Session: Drive Data Culture with Power BI- Vision, Strategy & Roadmap. Register here https://myignite.microsoft.com #MSIgnite #PowerPlatform #Power BI ​

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors