Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to carry over filter context specified in a DAX measure on a drill-through

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a drill-through from a summary matrix DAX measure into a details page. The measure itself has several filters applied in the DAX. One is where the date/time is BEFORE the minimal date value set for the date range of the report. This is to calculate an opening balance, which sums quantity on hand before the report date range. When clicking to the drill-through page, it will carry over the context/user defined filters from the matrix grid, but I need to implement the filters from the DAX on the details page so that the correct records show.

The main issue is with the date. The drill-through carries over a date filter from the summary page, which is the report range, but we only want records on the drill-through page which are before that min/first value of that date range.

Ex: Report filter is 4/1/2019 to 4//30/2019.  Opening balance DAX value is summing quantity where date < 4/1/2019.

CALCULATE(SUM('Item'[Quantity]), FILTER(ALL('Item Status'[Status DateTime]),'Item Status'[Status DateTime] < MIN('Item Status'[Status DateTime]))

I'm trying to figure out how to create a new measure and apply the dynamic filter on the details/drill through page that will filter to only show records before the first selected date of the report range, which will show the actual opening balance transactions. Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

Is it possible to share your dat,pbix in Onedrive / Googledrive and share the link here.

Also if you can explain the results expected in summary and detailed page that will help.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.