Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to calculate/visualize proportions in a scatter plot

So I am trying to better understand our knowledge article views. I would like to understand what % of articles represents what % of article views. In excel I manually created a scatter plot with a line which had % of articl views on the x axis and % of articles on the y axis. 

This helped to see that the top 10% of articles accounted for 80% of the views. I am trying to recreate a similar graph in powerBi and cannot figure out how to do it. Any help to create a similar map or a different visual that serves the same purpose of showing distribution of article views amongst the different articles??

Thanks for the help!

5 REPLIES 5
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please offer me some sample data to have a test and post your desired result if possible ?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This picture is an example of what I am trying to do- if is not exactly like this that is fine, but I just need to see the proportion of articles compared to the proportion of views% of articles vs. views.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also ideally it would be great to be able to filter this graph by the date column and have it shift, but it is fine if I am not able to do that. Thanks for the help!!

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, I am afraid you could not achieve this feature due to the [of Articles%] and [of Viewers%] are both measures and you could not use the measures as Axis. 

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Chihiro
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You mean something like Pareto analysis?

Check link below.

http://blog.blumshapiro.com/blog/2017/07/25/create-a-pareto-chart-in-power-bi/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.