cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to calculate using "latest 3 months data" even I add more data later

Hi, everyone

I am still new at Power BI, maybe my english is not that good, I hope you understand my question..

So, I have this dataset (link below) where it have data for 3 months, I have to calculate AVERAGE on my data, I use this :

Average = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(StokSiloAll[Stok Keluar]);StokSiloAll[PLANT]=2404;StokSiloAll[TYPE]="PPC")

Then I realize, if use that code, then when I add some data later, ex : 1 month data later, it will calculate AVERAGE for 4 months instead of 3 months like i wanted. 

Please help me, what is the right code so it can calculate AVERAGE with latest 3 months data..

Thanks

Dataset link : https://goo.gl/qoZB29

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

@paradika123,

You can create the following measure. Then create rolling average measure based on the sum of stok measure following the guide in this blog.

Sum of stok=CALCULATE(SUM(StokSiloAll[Stok Keluar]);StokSiloAll[PLANT]=2404;StokSiloAll[TYPE]="PPC")

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @paradika123

You need to use the relative date filtering so that you don't have to include your month in your formula anymore :

relativedate.PNG

- Quentin

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

=
AVERAGEX (
DATESINPERIOD (
TableName[DateColumn],
LASTDATE ( TableName[DateColumn] ),
MONTH
),
SUM[AmountColumn])
)

Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

See my rolling months quick measure here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Rolling-Months/m-p/391499

---------------------------------------

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted

I'm interested with your solution but it still cant work properly in my case, can you help me by apply your code into mine (my code in my question above) ?
thanks 

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

@paradika123,

You can create the following measure. Then create rolling average measure based on the sum of stok measure following the guide in this blog.

Sum of stok=CALCULATE(SUM(StokSiloAll[Stok Keluar]);StokSiloAll[PLANT]=2404;StokSiloAll[TYPE]="PPC")

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors