Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Charu
Post Patron
Post Patron

How to calculate subtotal using conditions in power bi

Hi Everyone,

I need to calculate excepted calculation for the subtotal values, sample table and condition are below

salestable

Type,Salesactual,Salestarget,costactual,costtarget

FF,59,112,10,0

FF,4,20,1,0

FF,62,70,1,0

FF-125-202-12-0(subtotal)

TT,58,112,10,0

TT,3,20,1,0

TT,61,70,1,0

TT-122-70-12-0

total 247-404-24-0

sum(salesactual) = 125 and sum(salestarget)=202

now the conditon is 

measure/calculated column = 1.IF(salestarget=0,0,IF((salesactual/salestarget)>1,IF(type="FF",1*30%,1*40%),IF(type="FF",salesactual/salestarget*30%,

salesactual/salestarget*40%))) 

IF(costtarget=0,0,IF((costactual/costtarget)>1,IF(type="FF",1*30%,1*40%),IF(type="FF",costactual/costtarget*30%,

costactual/costtarget*40%))) 

when I use matrix visual subtotal option is there but based on that subtotal I would like to achieve this above condition to create one score column.

Please help me how to achieve this. I tried calculated column but it's taking the Total values not the subtotal values 

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Charu,

What's the original data? Can you share the file? I can't create a subtotal in the Matrix. The measure I tried is as follows.

Measure =
IF (
    SUM ( Table1[salestarget] ) = 0,
    IF (
        SUM ( Table1[Salesactual] ) / SUM ( Table1[salestarget] )
            > 1,
        IF ( MIN ( Table1[Type] ) = "FF", 0.3, 0.4 ),
        IF (
            MIN ( Table1[Type] ) = "FF",
        )
    )
)

How_to_calculate_subtotal_using_conditions_in_power_bi

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@Charu can you demonstrate what your expected result is?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Need to calculate one score column based on jobType filter and it's related weightsges.

For example, in a table, there are some col(s) like

Job_type, V_actual,V_target,V_score,A_actual,A_target,A_score,B_actuals,B_target,B_score

Job_Types are FF,VV,CC,RR

I need to get

FF = (V_score+A_score+B_Score) =(need to acheive  less than 1 based on calculation)

VV=(V_Score+A_score+B_Score) = (need to acheive  less than 1 based on calculation)

CC=(V_Score+A_score+B_Score) = (need to acheive  less than 1 based on calculation)

RR=(V_Score+A_score+B_Score) = (need to acheive  less than 1 based on calculation)

V_Score, A_score, B_score I need to calculate something like below

V_score = 

IF(V_target=0,0,IF((sum(V_actual)/sum(V_target))>1,IF(type="FF",1*30%,1*40%),IF(type="FF",sum(V_actual)/sum(V_target)*30%,

sum(V_actual)/sum(V_target)*40%))) 

this calculation is taking column wise but I need the calculation to take the subtotal value.

which means based on job_type subtotal will be there so for each jobtype I need each score column by adding the N-num of fields like V_actual,v_target,B_actaul,B_target,A_actual,A_target so and so

I could check more than one filter condition in measure as well calculated column 

That is if job type =FF then sum(V_actual)/sum(V_target)*30% else sum(V_actual)/sum(V_target)*40%

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.