Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jszlm
Employee
Employee

How to calculate percentile by value and frequency?

I have a table like below. I want to get the percentile of "Value". It equals to get the percentile of "1,1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3,3". But from the table, how can I make it?

Value  Freq

5 REPLIES 5
kentyler
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Do you want to add up the values for each frequency, and then get the percent that total value is of the total for all the frequencies ?

Did this post answer your question? Mark it as a solution so others can find it!

Help when you know. Ask when you don't!

Join the conversation at We Talk BI find out more about me at Slow BI

No, the purpose is to see the value number distribution.

Oh, I missed that.

This function could be used to get those results perhaps

REPT

Repeats text a given number of times. Use REPT to fill a cell with a number of instances of a text string.

Syntax

DAXCopy

REPT(<text>, <num_times>)     

I'm a personal Power Bi Trainer I learn something every time I answer a question. I blog at http://powerbithehardparts.com/

The Golden Rules for Power BI

1. Use a Calendar table. A custom Date tables is preferable to using the automatic date/time handling capabilities of Power BI. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxiAYGbCfAQ
  2. Build your data model as a Star Schema. Creating a star schema in Power BI is the best practice to improve performance and more importantly, to ensure accurate results! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kilya6aUQw
  3. Use a small set up sample data when developing. When building your measures and calculated columns always use a small amount of sample data so that it will be easier to confirm that you are getting the right numbers.
  4. Store all your intermediate calculations in VARs when you’re writing measures. You can return these intermediate VARs instead of your final result  to check on your steps along the way.

Did this post answer your question? Mark it as a solution so others can find it!

Help when you know. Ask when you don't!