Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to calculate a sum/average based on a slicer that we selected?

Hello, I am new to Power BI. This is my first day using it, actually.

I have created a visual that depicts the amount of productions in my company, daily. I also made a slicer where I can select which days should I depict in the visual, for example: the last seven days.

Now, my question is, how can I create a Measure based on the average or sum of values that I selected in the slicer? So, it's variable, like when I select the last 30 days, then the Measure will show a single sum value of productions in the last 30 days.

I have tried to create a graph, using AVERAGEX, but what I need is a single value that I can show, not a graph. Is there any way to solve this problem?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous 

I think I am not getting it, If you change the dates to las 10 days, it filters as you need and the total for the past 10 days

Fowmy_0-1634461371684.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Sorry, not clear enough. 
Can you share some sample data with the desired output to have a clear understanding of your question? Mention whether you want a calculated column or measure
You can save your files in OneDrive, Google Drive, or any other cloud sharing platforms and share the link here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Fowmy , so far I created a graph of dynamic moving average (helped by a what if parameter) like this:

DRA =
var sum_in_period = CALCULATE(SUM(Produksi[NiProduction-Actual]), DATESINPERIOD(Produksi[Date],LASTDATE(Produksi[Date]),Parameter[Parameter Value],DAY))
var days_in_period = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Produksi[Date]), DATESINPERIOD(Produksi[Date],LASTDATE(Produksi[Date]), Parameter[Parameter Value],DAY))
return
sum_in_period/days_in_period

However, this is a GRAPH,  a moving one. How about a SINGLE value? So, if I wanted the value of the last 10 days only, it shows, 20K for example.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the link to the sample file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PnCOlHLY1ed4V6H95z4igeRjM0VWsXUa/view?usp=sharing.

I want MEASURE, not calculated column.

You can see that I have the data of the last 36 days, and I have a slicer in which I can choose the range of days I want, for example the last 30 days. Now I want the SUM of the data in the range that I chose in the slicer, to be put in the Card below. Right now in the Card, I can only do a Measure (SUM) of the whole column, but as I said before, I want the value to be the sum of the data that I chose in the slicer (the last 30 days). And I want it to change depending on my slicer.. so when I changed the slicer to be the last 10 days only, the value in the Card will be a SUM of the last 10 days only.

Do you get me? I am sorry I am not a native English speaker.

@Anonymous 

I think I am not getting it, If you change the dates to las 10 days, it filters as you need and the total for the past 10 days

Fowmy_0-1634461371684.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jesus you're right. No I'm sorry, it's my fault that I didn't see that! It's exactly what I need, thanks. Sorry.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.