Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to calculate a measure based on a decreasing/increasing column's value in DAX

I have a Sales table and related dimension tables. MySales table contains columns : Week, StoreID, SalesSeasonID,ProductKey and metrics. My dimensions are related to sales table (Date,SalesSeason, Store,Product tables).

I need to find Sales Quantity (Last Year), as a measure
You can find a sample below:

YearWeek SalesSeasonID StoreID ProductKey SalesQuantity
201742 4 CM56 2C00521A22209S01118108 4
201642 2 CM56 2C00521A22209S01118108 2

201642 3 CM56 2C00521A22209S01118108 1

SalesSeason Table

SalesSeasonID LYSalesSeasonID

4 2

3 1

My purpose is when user selected SaleseasonID[4] then it will return 2 as SalesQuantity.

How can I calculate this measure by DAX formula?

Data

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

You can create measure SalesQuantity in table SalesSeason based on created relationship between sales[SalesSeasonID] and SalesSeason[LYSalesSeasonID] .

SalesQuantity = LOOKUPVALUE(sales[SalesQuantity],sales[SalesSeasonID],MAX(SalesSeason[LYSalesSeasonID]))

5.png

As you said:

>>My purpose is when user selected SaleseasonID[4] then it will return 2 as SalesQuantity.

Is it referred to get the SalesQuantity value of last year in table sales when choose SalesSeason[4]? If I misunderstand it ,could you please show more desired result in screenshot or pbix file, you can also upload sample pbix to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Here is my test pbix: https://qiuyunus-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/pbipro_qiuyunus_onmicrosoft_com/EbzKxMPg-mVPnOl1kN6el8sBHcVtUR-TFrSg8NYEpC3puQ?e=NSZAxh

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xicai 

If user filter SalesSeasonID[4] only, then it should return all weeks in SalesSeasonID[2] and aggregate them (sum). If user filter both SalesSeasonID[4] and YearWeek[201742] then it should return sum of all rows with SalesSeasonID[2] and [201642]. I have so many rows in my data.

Both SalesSeasonID and YearWeek choices should filter my SalesQuantity_LY measure. I would do this process by adding LY columns to my SalesData while importing it, but I dont want to add columns. I am looking for a way to handle this need by adding a measure. By the way, I am working on a tabular model.

For clearifying my case, I will add some rows:

I am trying to find out SUM(SalesQuantity_LY_LS) measure in desired table without adding  this columnI am trying to find out SUM(SalesQuantity_LY_LS) measure in desired table without adding this column

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.