Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to calculate a dynamic percentage per month?

Hello everyone,

I am creating this thread because I can use some help with a DAX formula which needs to calculate dynamic percentages. I have tried a lot my self, but I can not seem to calculate percentages per month.

Here is some sample data: https://www43.zippyshare.com/v/K1bBT8up/file.html

Apart from this sample data I have created two calculated colums, which are:
Met SLA? = IF('Blad1'[End]<='Blad'[Should end before;"Yes";"No")

Amount "Yes"? = DIVIDE (
    CALCULATE ( COUNT ( 'Blad1'[Met SLA?] ); 'Blad1'[Met SLA?] = "Yes" );
    CALCULATE ( COUNT ( 'Blad1'[Met SLA?] ); ALLSELECTED ( 'Blad1'[Met SLA?] ) ); BLANK()
)

In a matrix I get the result below with my real data, but I want another column with the percentage of the 'amount yes/total amount' per month. Before drilling down I want it to show 'Company A' with the total percentage over the months.

Does anybody know how to realize this with a measure?

Thank you for your time and effort.

Best regards,

AliBI

Sample.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Do you want to add "company" and "date-month" in the "row" field of the matrix,  add "percentage" in the "value" field, so that you can drill down from "company" level to "company"&"date-month" level to see the correct percentage.

4.png

5.png

If so, create a column

yes/no = IF([End]<=[Should end before],"yes","no")

create measures 

count of yes = CALCULATE(COUNT(Table1[yes/no]),FILTER(Table1,Table1[Organisatie]=MAX(Table1[Organisatie])&&Table1[yes/no]="yes"))

total = CALCULATE(COUNT(Table1[yes/no]),FILTER(Table1,Table1[Organisatie]=MAX(Table1[Organisatie])))

percent = [count of yes]/[total]

You could download my pbix for more details.

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Do you want to add "company" and "date-month" in the "row" field of the matrix,  add "percentage" in the "value" field, so that you can drill down from "company" level to "company"&"date-month" level to see the correct percentage.

4.png

5.png

If so, create a column

yes/no = IF([End]<=[Should end before],"yes","no")

create measures 

count of yes = CALCULATE(COUNT(Table1[yes/no]),FILTER(Table1,Table1[Organisatie]=MAX(Table1[Organisatie])&&Table1[yes/no]="yes"))

total = CALCULATE(COUNT(Table1[yes/no]),FILTER(Table1,Table1[Organisatie]=MAX(Table1[Organisatie])))

percent = [count of yes]/[total]

You could download my pbix for more details.

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-juanli-msft ,

Thank you!! This is exactly what I wanted!

Just wanted to ask you one question, since I want to learn from this: why did you add another calender/date table and set up a relation?

Thanks again, also for providing the .pbix file.

Best regards,

AliBI 

Hi @Anonymous 

If "date" column in my "Table1" isn't continuous, it is better to use date column from another calendar date table in a matrix row field.

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.