Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nazish
Helper I
Helper I

How to calculate Average per type per month and year

Hi Team,

I have below data columns (Issue number, RespTimeMins, month and year) in Table 1 and (Issue number and Issue Type) columns in Table 2. I want to calculate Average of Response Time by Type per month and year. Can you please help me how I can get this?

Table 1

Nazish_2-1660661337539.png

Table 2

Nazish_3-1660661450933.png

Thankyou,

16 REPLIES 16
Nazish
Helper I
Helper I

Hello Burno, 

So I am looking for Average of RespTimeMins as per Issue Type - Monthly and Yearly. below is expected output:

Nazish_0-1660663011127.png

Hi again, 

Are the tabel 1 connected to table 2 ? 

if yes, creat a simple average ( Avg Time = Average('table1'[Avg Response time]) ) and pull the atribute as the exemple that you have send. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! ;-
Best Regards
BC

Best regards

Bruno Costa | Super User

Did I help you to answer your question? Accepted my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! 

Take a look at the blog: PBI Portugal 

Hi, I tried but it didnt work. It gives the total average for all issue types which I dont want. I want seperate Average Response time for each issue.

please check below screenshot.

Nazish_0-1660665065495.png

Hi again, 

Are the tabel 1 connected to table 2 ? 

Can you share the relationship between the two tables.

BR 

Bruno Costa

Best regards

Bruno Costa | Super User

Did I help you to answer your question? Accepted my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! 

Hi @onurbmiguel_ ,

They are in same report in power BI, under same report  and I can link them to each other.

please check below screenshot.

Nazish_0-1660830264257.png

Hi again, 

I need to understang the model, 

can you share how you connect the two tabels between them? 

go to model and see the relationship: 

onurbmiguel__0-1660833150415.png

onurbmiguel__1-1660833206011.png

BR 

Bruno

Best regards

Bruno Costa | Super User

@onurbmiguel_ here it is;

Nazish_0-1660833519328.png

Hi again, 

You need to creat a relationship from TotalTimeOpenCust to the others tabels , try to use the IssueNbr.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! ;-
Best Regards
BC

Best regards

Bruno Costa | Super User

Hi @onurbmiguel_ I have created the relationship between all the tables. Can you help me with Average Syntax now !!

Thanks.

I am not using this table for this report actually. so i think that will work. but can you share he revised syntax for calculating Average as per type please.

Thanks.

Hello again, 

If the relationship between the tables are correctly , you can use the previous measures:

onurbmiguel__0-1660854723690.png

if not please send me a pbix with dummy values so i can help you. 

Best Regards
BC

Best regards

Bruno Costa | Super User

Hi @onurbmiguel_ thanks, but this syntax is giving the total average, which I dont want.  I am looking for individual average for each Issue Type seperately. for example, 

For Jan;

Average of RespTimeMinutes of IT Admintration 

Average of RespTimeMinutes of IT Services 

Average of RespTimeMinutes of Networking 

Hello Nazish,

Send me a pbix with dummy values so i can take a look. 
A need to see the data to understand.

BR 

Bruno 

Best regards

Bruno Costa | Super User

hi @onurbmiguel_ can you reply to my pbix i shared. I am waiting for the responce.

thanks,

Hi @onurbmiguel_ please find link of the pbix below. let me know if you can edit and have access to it?

https://app.powerbigov.us/groups/me/dashboards/d336dc7a-2a94-455e-8780-b61ccf547ea5?ctid=ed14db84-f9... 

onurbmiguel_
Super User
Super User

Hello Nazish, 

What should be the intended result?

Can you simulated the output ?

BR
Bruno Costa

Best regards

Bruno Costa | Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.