Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jw1986

How to build a matrix like this?

I am trying to build an inventory model for a greenhouse, currently the most efficient method of spcae and inventory modeling we use is an excel matrix shown below which is manually populated and takes a considerable amount of time.  

The main parameters being; products in location, number of weeks(Start time/finish time) in that location and number of benches consumed.  I can connect to all the data needed for the model.  My problem is with the visual, I do not know which visual would be most similar to the one in the picture below and how it might be replicated.

Thanks in advance...

ChrisSpaceMap.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jw1986,

Please try to create a table/matrix, and use the conditional formatting, and check if it meets your requirement, please review more details from here.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Thanks Angela, I reviewed the link you provided and played with the conditional fromatting, it still doesn't quite accomplish what I need it to.  I need each color to represent a different plant genus (product skew) these colored blobs on the matrix then represent a bench location on a time scale....

Hi @jw1986,

For your requirement, it's impossible to date, please review the feature request and vote them.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.