Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Otso

How to best analyze/treat 1:1 relationships

I have 100+ tables with 1:1 relationships, each with the same identifier, and each with about 400,000 rows (Soon to be million+, Excels natural limit).

I will need to analyze the data, and planned to use PowerPivot. Unfortunately PowerPivot doesn't support 1:1 relationships, so I tried to flatten/merge all the tables, but the process quickly became very time consuming.

I am now trying to use Power BI, as it supports 1:1, and have very easily been able to connect the tables. Unfortunately I'm now constrained by Power BIs inability to export data back into Excel (increadibly low limit), PBIs inability to research the data internally (sampling size of mere 3,500, no ability to build Excel like solutions), while PowerBi Connect is forcing me to create measures for each thing I want to analyze. In addition, the numbers coming back via Connect are treated as text by Excel.

What is the best way to analyze and manipulate a large number of 1:1 tables (I'm not looking for pretty graphs only)?

1 REPLY 1
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Otso,

For Power BI desktop and Power BI services, if you have a visual that has too many rows, then we can only export some sample data, this is the limitation in Power BI. This is a known issue, please vote the idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/9609906-export-powerbi-desktop-to...

So currently, you requirement cannot be down in Power BI, to analyze and manipulate a large number of 1:1 tables, you could use SQL Server database.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.