Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Marine_G1
Regular Visitor

How to automate drill down on a specific item

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to activate automatically drill down on the visual item: map?

I am creating a dashboard for many users who are novice with Power BI. It will be easier for them if the map is automatically on drill down.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Marine_G1 ,

Do you mean to drill down the data in the dashboard directly?

You could refer to this link to get the reply faster.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

You could share your sample data and excepted result to me if you don't have any Confidential Information. Please upload your files to OneDrive and share the link here.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you provide my information on what's the current hierachy on the map? If it's currently on country, and you want to drill down to city, then you can remove the hierachy from the visualization pane and directly put city in the map visual. 

Hello,

The current hierarchy is Country and then City

I've tried to remove Country from the visualization pane but I've got some cities in the wrong place.

I am working for a freight forwarder and this map will help us to know where are our expeditions.

I will have more than 200 users so I don't think that all of them will know how to drill down to the cities.

Hope that these information will help.

Regards, 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.