Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

biloser
Regular Visitor

How to apply time intelligence/ use a time slicer

Hello,

maybe someone is able to help me to apply time intelligence to my visualization in power Bi. I want to use a time slicer so that the values of my bar chart will change according to the date.

I have a Date Dimension Table and two other tables but I don’t really know how to manage the relationship of the Data Dimension Table so that the time slicer will work. Can someone help me?  The values of the bar chart should be changeable by days/months/quarters. The respective dates can be found in the column “date” in “table 1”.

I took some screenshots and also attached my Power BI file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwAkqQj_w6nfQkpVZm10N2JJdXc/view?usp=sharing.

Would be awesome if someone could help me!

Thanks and best regards!

bar chart cars.PNGTable1.PNGRelationships.PNGtable2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @biloser,

After looking into your shared pbix file, I found the "table2" is not needed. You can just add the following 3 measures in "table1", then you should be able to create a relationship between "DateDimension" table and "table1", and use a time slicer so that the values of the bar chart will change according to the date.

Measure Percentage Car 1 = [SUM Car 1]/[SUM Amount]
Measure Percentage Car 2 = [Sum Car 2]/[SUM Amount]
Measure Percentage Car 3 = [SUM Car 3]/[SUM Amount]

Here is the modified pbix for your reference.Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @biloser,

After looking into your shared pbix file, I found the "table2" is not needed. You can just add the following 3 measures in "table1", then you should be able to create a relationship between "DateDimension" table and "table1", and use a time slicer so that the values of the bar chart will change according to the date.

Measure Percentage Car 1 = [SUM Car 1]/[SUM Amount]
Measure Percentage Car 2 = [Sum Car 2]/[SUM Amount]
Measure Percentage Car 3 = [SUM Car 3]/[SUM Amount]

Here is the modified pbix for your reference.Smiley Happy

Regards

@v-ljerr-msft Thanks a lot for your advice!! 

It helped me a lot, now it is working like I wished Smiley Happy

Best Regards 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @biloser to get your slicer working with your values, you will need to create a relationship between your DateDImension table and your date column in table1. Make sure that the columns you create a relationship between are in the same format!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.