Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mana_d
Frequent Visitor

How to apply Dynamic RLS in location hierarchy and user access, with many to many relationship

Hi All,

I am new to power BI DRLS, would like some help in below scenario.

Scenario: One user can have access to many locations and one location can be access by many user.

For example User A can access sales data for Edinburgh, Glasgow & Bristol and user B can access Glasgow, London & Bristol

Location table: This table has four level hierarchy MD > Country > Region > City, path column has been populated by  DAX PATH ()

LocationLocation

User Table: This Table contain user and their email id

UserUser

User_profile Table: This is bridge table and hold relationship between user and their location, with many to many relationship. One user can have access to many location and one location can be access by many users.

User_ProfileUser_Profile

Fact_Sales Table: This contain sales data at location (City) level.

Fact SalesFact Sales

data_Mdata_M

Can someone please help to implement DRLS in this scenario?

Many Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mana_d,

I never tried but you could take a look at this article to see if it helps

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for your reply, the article which you referred is different from my scenario. IT does not include hierarchy with M-2-M relationship.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.