Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jmgcornator
Frequent Visitor

How to append data in table B generated at refresh time in table A?

Hi,

I am all new to BI and are trying to record som weather data from OpenWeatherMap.com (OWM). I have successfully established an API-connection with OWM.

Here is my problem:

In I BI have two tables, one containing id's for a cities and another with contry codes for a list of countries. These tables are used in parameters such that I can choose which city i want weather data for. 

The data from OWM is loaded into a third table names Curr_Weather. This table generates one single row of data. At every refresh, this row is overwritten by new data.

However, i would like to record the generated row in another table names Aggregated_Curr_Weather and at each refresh add a new row with the freshly loaded data from Curr_weather.

I have searched the internet looking at append function and incremental refresh which i do not have access to.

thx for help.

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jmgcornator ,

You may use Incremental refresh for your OWM data source, the Incremental refreshes only data that has changed. Since incremental refresh is Premium only feature, so you may need to purchase Power BI Premium capacity for your organization, see How to purchase Power BI Premium.

Incremental refresh policies are defined in Power BI Desktop and applied when published to the Power BI service. See more detail steps: Incremental refresh in Power BI Premium .

You can refer to the link to learn How to: Create a Weather Dashboard with Power BI and API .

(Please understand that this link is provided “AS IS” with no warranties or guarantees of content changes, and confers no rights.)

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-xicai 

I have already considered the incremental refreshing function, however, it is not a possible solution. 

Thanks anyways 🙂  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.