Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to allocate monthly data into daily granularity?

Hi all,

I have some data such as monthly targets in a table in my data model. It's a simple table with two columns: date, monthly target.
i.e 

DateMonthly Target
1/1/21$500
1/2/21$750

I have a matrix that tracks my daily sales and is therefore at a daily granularity. I would like to add an extra column in my matrix for 'daily target' which will divide the monthly target by the amount of days in the month. How can I achieve this?

Further to this, our targets are sometimes delayed and therefore we may have sales in a month with no target data yet. Is there a way that - in the absence of target data for a month, we use the average of the last 3 months until target data is available?

Appreciate the help, thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous   ,

Has your problem been solved, if so, please consider Accept a correct reply as the solution to help others find it.

Best Regard

Lucien Wang

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

Pls try the following steps,

Step 1,import data,then  create a new column,dax is below:

day = DATEDIFF('Table'[Date].[Date],EOMONTH ( 'Table'[Date].[Date],0),DAY)+1

v-luwang-msft_5-1612772529100.png

Step 2,create the following measure:

threemonth1 = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Monthly Target]),FILTER(ALL('Table'), 'Table'[Date]>= edate(MAX('Table'[Date]),-3)

&&'Table'[Date]<=edate(MAX('Table'[Date]),-1)))

v-luwang-msft_6-1612772529106.png

Step 3,create the following measure:

threemonthday = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[day]),FILTER(ALL('Table'), 'Table'[Date]>= edate(MAX('Table'[Date]),-3)

&&'Table'[Date]<=edate(MAX('Table'[Date]),-1)))

v-luwang-msft_7-1612772529110.png

Step 4,create a new column,dax is following:

Daily Target = IF('Table'[Monthly Target]<>BLANK(),'Table'[Monthly Target]/'Table'[day],'Table'[threemonth1]/'Table'[threemonthday])

v-luwang-msft_8-1612772529114.png

Finial you can see like this :

v-luwang-msft_9-1612772529117.png

If my answer helps you, you can mark it as an answer, thank you!

Click   here to  download my pbix file if needed.

Best Regard

Lucien Wang

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I have blog for yearly. But you can convert that to monthly

#PowerBI Distributing/Allocating the Yearly Target(Convert to Daily Target): Measure ( Daily/YTD): Magic of CLOSINGBALANCEYEAR With TOTALYTD/DATESYTD: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Power-BI-Distributing-Allocating-the-Yearly-Target-Convert-to/ba-p/1476400

#powerbi Distributing/Allocating the Yearly Target(Convert to Daily Target): https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Distributing-Allocating-the-Yearly-Target-Convert-to-Daily/ba-p/1463290

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.