Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Patrickwhelan44
Regular Visitor

How to align vertical axis on line and stacked column combo chart

Hi,

I am having trouble aligning the two verticle axis on a line and stacked column chart. I want the values to use the same grid lines, as opposed to the right hand axis having its own markers. Do anyone have any suggestions?Annotation 2020-08-18 174336.png

Thanks,

Patrick

7 REPLIES 7
SangiRocks

Hi there -- a year too late, but if you're still looking for a solution, here's what works beautifully.

1. Repeat the Column Values measure in the Line Values well.

2. So you get columns in the background, and 2 lines. Notice both axis are now in sync.

3. Make the "unwanted" line measure white. 

4. In the SHAPES section, turn on CUSTOMIZE SERIES.

5. In the dropdown, select the "unwanted" line measure and change its stroke width to 0.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, since there is no proper solution, here is a workaround:

Drag a copy of Your “Actual metric” (the one you're showing on columns) to line values as well and use Formetting pane "Customize series" option to make it as invisible as possible not to distract. You need also have "Allign zeroes" turned on, and start and end values for axis left blank/auto.

I hope I helped 🙂

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Patrickwhelan44,

According to your screen shot, both of Y axis values are whole number type. Maybe you can try to set the same range for Y axis(column) and Y axis(line) and check if that setting can achieve your requirement:

1. Select the line and stacked column chart

2. Navigate to "Format" pane and find the Y-axis labels

3. Set starting point and end point for both Y axis(Column) and Y axis(Line)

How to align vertical axis on line and stacked column combo chart.JPG

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@amitchandak  Thank you for your reply. I still want the secondary axis. I would just like them to be aligned. Do you know if this is possible?

Thanks

@Patrickwhelan44 , I doubt there is an option. You can give the start and end values, as the same. But that means visual axis will not change even when you apply filter

Anonymous
Not applicable

just open data Label from the right format tab

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.