cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bekzod Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

How to aggregate, assign to categories and count the number of occurrences in categories?

I have a challenge.

I want to calculate the average of sales amount by agents and then count how many agents made sales within the ranges, such as 1K-2K USD, 2K-3K, etc.?

For example, 

• up to 1K USD - 100 agents
  • 1K to 2K USD - 300 agents
  • etc. 

I cannot figure out how to achieve it with DAX.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: How to aggregate, assign to categories and count the number of occurrences in categories?

@bekzod I posted solution to similar requirement , you can check it here and tweak it as per your need

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Datanaut! Kudos Help Smiley Happy
Connect with me on Linkedin. Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: How to aggregate, assign to categories and count the number of occurrences in categories?

@bekzod I posted solution to similar requirement , you can check it here and tweak it as per your need

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Datanaut! Kudos Help Smiley Happy
Connect with me on Linkedin. Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @bekzod ,

You can add a calculated column with if statement to check current count based their group and return correspond category label, then you can do aggregate these records based on this category column.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
bekzod Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

It worked like a charm. Thanks so muchSmiley Happy)

bekzod Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@parry2k wrote:

@bekzodI posted solution to similar requirement , you can check it here and tweak it as per your need

It worked. Thank you Parry. 

One more thing. Now, I cannot filter (cross-filter) when I click on a bin group.

Let's say, I have 100 customers with $3K-9K sales volume. However, when I click the column on the bar chart, it is not filtering. Can you please help?