Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to adjust the matrix width and height in order to fulfill the box

Hi all,

I was trying to make a matrix to fulfill the whole box. I tried several ways mentioned online. However, it did not work out. Coula you plesae help me with this issue? thanks in advance!

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

In the visual formatting pane>Grid>Options, there are two option, Row padding and Global font size, you can set it there.

vkalyjmsft_0-1655176760872.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is your problem solved?? If so, Would you mind accept the helpful replies as solutions? Then we are able to close the thread. More people who have the same requirement will find the solution quickly and benefit here. Thank you.

Best Regards,

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

In the visual formatting pane>Grid>Options, there are two option, Row padding and Global font size, you can set it there.

vkalyjmsft_0-1655176760872.png

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can extend the column width and not set to the column header width to automatic. As to the height, it will be filled only as necessary. Alternatively, you can can a background color to your matrix visual but that will only fill the box with a color.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @danextian ,

Thanks for your reply. I turned off the Auto-size width under column header section. It seems there is no change on my table. Could you please help to provide more help with the table width adjustment? I basically want to fulfill the table in the whole botten page. Should I consider chnage the font size?

Thanks in advance!

When you turn off the auto-resize of column width, the columns are stuck to the width they had prior to turning off auto-resize.  Auto-resize of column headers affects just the width and will not fill or unfill the black space after the last visible row in the table/matrix visual neither will it auto-resize the height of each row. You can add a background color to the visual to fill the blank space. Please refer to this link on how to do it - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/desktop-matrix-visual 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.