Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ericbi
Frequent Visitor

How to add visual filter if the criteria is measure?

I have below table in BI need to add a filter of status.  

the status is dynamic,  for example, if the selected month's profit - same month last year is possitive, then the status is Retained+, otherwise it's Retained-, etc.  I can get the dynamic status per selected period in below table.  now i need to add a filter to let user select the status they want to see,  I saw I could filter the status in visual level filter by typing the key words but I could not add it to the filter list.  I created a table with all the status and I would like to know how to link them to the dynamic status and let them interactive.  

dynamic filter.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ericbi,

Just set Show items when the value is 1.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@ericbi,

Add an additional measure and take advantage of Visual level filters..

Measure =
IF ( [Selected Period Status] IN VALUES ( Table2[Selected Period Status] ), 1 )

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Sam, 

I created a Measure = IF([Selected Period Status] IN VALUES('Status List'[Selected Period Status]),1)

[Selected Period Status]  is the result in the table,  Status List'[Selected Period Status] is in the list I selected.  I'm not sure how to link this to the visual level filter.  you can see when i select Retained -  it gives me the result is "1".  if I select other options, it gives me 0.  not sure what to do now. 

Capture.JPG

@ericbi,

Drag it to the table visual as well.

I drag the measure to the visual filter but show me this.  

measure.JPG

@ericbi,

Just set Show items when the value is 1.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.