Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

carolinefer
Helper I
Helper I

How to add the amount that has been lost for each item?

Hello All,

I have a table with the count of iteams that I have been downgraded, however, I would like to add the amount that has been lost. 

When I add the amount into the table with the down and up flag, I got the wrong values. 

Would you be able to help me with this?

Following the current logic I have, which is downgrade and upgrade is only related to accounts that has a Revenue in previous month and current month, we do not consider new or churn accounts. The downgrade and upgrade is related only to live accounts, meaning that they need at least one product in the current month and previous month to be categorized as downgrade or upgrade. 

Alsom downgrade and upgrade is related to items been add and removed and not only the amount been > than previous month. If account has at least one package in previous and current month and one of the packages has been removed, this should be a downgrade. 

I have already got the number of packages downgrade/upgraded, would you be able to help me getting the amount downgrade/upgraded? thanks in advance

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ope_Hr2j-c7RyLm21lbbZdFmu6_ydMsc/view?usp=sharing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In order to calculate "things that aren't there"  like your lost customers  you need to create a crossjoin or use disconnected tables. You can create that from existing data, or - better - from external master lists.

In your example you want to see how your customers fare over time

for example : 

Reference = CROSSJOIN(values(Sheet1[customer_id]),VALUES(Sheet1[date]))

Then you can compute your flag for each of the combinations of customer and date.

How would you handle situations like this:  Customer has fewer packages but increased amount:

lbendlin_1-1644275729538.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
carolinefer
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @lbendlin , I am sorry, did not realize that it was restricted. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ope_Hr2j-c7RyLm21lbbZdFmu6_ydMsc/view?usp=sharing Thanks for letting me know 

In order to calculate "things that aren't there"  like your lost customers  you need to create a crossjoin or use disconnected tables. You can create that from existing data, or - better - from external master lists.

In your example you want to see how your customers fare over time

for example : 

Reference = CROSSJOIN(values(Sheet1[customer_id]),VALUES(Sheet1[date]))

Then you can compute your flag for each of the combinations of customer and date.

How would you handle situations like this:  Customer has fewer packages but increased amount:

lbendlin_1-1644275729538.png

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please change the Google Drive link so it doesn't require signing in.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.