Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to add text condition in Switch

dd

Hello - I need to add another condition to this statement, but not sure how.

I need to add: allopps-products[status]="open" as one of the conditions. But it won't let me.

What do I need to do to be able to add this condition?

SWITCH(
    TRUE(),
    MAX('AllOpps-Products'[Prob.]) = 80, "30 Days",
    DATEDIFF(MAX('AllOpps-Products'[Est.Ship]),TODAY(),DAY)> 90, "Older than 90",
    DATEDIFF(MAX('AllOpps-Products'[Est.Ship]),TODAY(),DAY)> 60, "Older than 60",
    DATEDIFF(MAX('AllOpps-Products'[Est.Ship]),TODAY(),DAY)> 30, "Older than 30",
    DATEDIFF(MAX('AllOpps-Products'[Est.Ship]),TODAY(),DAY)> 15, "30 Days",
    FALSE
)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@az38  I got it to work using this: 

TRUE(),
    DATEDIFF(MAX('AllOpps-Products'[Est.Ship]),TODAY(),DAY) > -1 &&  DATEDIFF(MAX('AllOpps-Products'[Est.Ship]),TODAY(),DAY) > -20, "Passed already"

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , not very clear where you want to use that. But check a couple of options

if(max(allopps-products[status])="open",
SWITCH(
    TRUE(),
    MAX('AllOpps-Products'[Prob.]) = 80, "30 Days",
    FALSE
),blank())

SWITCH(
    TRUE(),
    MAX('AllOpps-Products'[Prob.]) = 80 && max(allopps-products[status])="open", "30 Days",
    FALSE
)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak  (or anyone that can answer)

The solution from Amit is great, with one exception.   

How to deal with a date that is in the past?    Example: 

The estimated close date may indeed be 15 days or more from today's date....but it could be 15 days in the past from today  (not 15 days FROM today).    For those estimated close dates that have passed already (from today's current date), how to address in the Switch statement?

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

smth like

DATEDIFF(MAX('AllOpps-Products'[Est.Ship]),TODAY(),DAY)> 0, "0 Days",
DATEDIFF(MAX('AllOpps-Products'[Est.Ship]),TODAY(),DAY)> -15, "Passed already",

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks AZ.  @az38     But I am getting some strange results.   May 29 is two days away, but it is shows "pass already" as a result.     The table on the left using the formula.   The table on the right is a list of opportunities and their estimated close/ship date.   

passedalready.png

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

it will work only if you previously add row with 0 value comparision as in my example

DATEDIFF(MAX('AllOpps-Products'[Est.Ship]),TODAY(),DAY)> 0, "0 Days",

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

@az38  I got it to work using this: 

TRUE(),
    DATEDIFF(MAX('AllOpps-Products'[Est.Ship]),TODAY(),DAY) > -1 &&  DATEDIFF(MAX('AllOpps-Products'[Est.Ship]),TODAY(),DAY) > -20, "Passed already"
Anonymous
Not applicable

@az38  Hi AZ  -   Yes, if you are talking about including it in the measure you created, it is there, but that is the result I am getting. 

Here is another example.   This time in June.   It is showing that this opportunity's estimate ship date has "passed already" but it still about 20 days into the future.  

pass already.png

harshnathani
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

You can add  allopps-products[status]="open" using  && notation

SWITCH(
    TRUE(),
    MAX('AllOpps-Products'[Prob.])  = 80 && allopps-products[status]="open" , "30 Days",

)

Regards,
Harsh Nathani

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors