Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MRSpedag
Regular Visitor

How to add target lines to a sales report

We are preparing a sales report with different target lines on the chart. 

The target lines (in green color as below) need to be generated based on the given year end target (e.g. 30000, 25000, etc) so that the actual line (in brown) can be displayed to know appraoching which target throughout the months.

We have difficulty to plot the target lines in the sales report and hope anyone can help. Thanks in advanced.

MRSpedag_0-1655791262758.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saap
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @MRSpedag 

I think it depends on how you store the target values. I suppose that you update the target once a month/quarter/year. You could store it in Excel file and update it every period you need to.

Saap_0-1655806207890.png

Then in Power BI create the line and column chart and add the targets to Y axis.

Saap_1-1655806310157.png

See the test pbix file here: https://filetransfer.io/data-package/87WeMx9e#link

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MRSpedag
Regular Visitor

Thanks Saap.

Saap
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @MRSpedag 

I think it depends on how you store the target values. I suppose that you update the target once a month/quarter/year. You could store it in Excel file and update it every period you need to.

Saap_0-1655806207890.png

Then in Power BI create the line and column chart and add the targets to Y axis.

Saap_1-1655806310157.png

See the test pbix file here: https://filetransfer.io/data-package/87WeMx9e#link

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.