cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prasanthari
Frequent Visitor

How to add quarter in relative date filter

Hello folks,

As my requirement is to show month, week, days, year and quarter, it is done with the help of relative date slicer. But the only drawback is there is no quarter. Can anyone help me to add quarter in there. 

NOTE: I have seen there is no option till now from power bi team and it's in https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/20593993-financial-year-and-quart... . Still, is there any dax or something to have this done with same relative date slicer

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User IV
Super User IV

@Prasanthari , if this not given you can not add it. But you try to create something similar, See if this example can help

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Slicer-MTD-QTD-YTD-to-filter-dates-using-the-slicer/td-p/50...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

MFelix
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Prasanthari ,

You cannot change the default setting of the relative date slice so you are not abble to add quarters.

Only option that I see is to create a what if parameter and then create your own relative slicer but for this you would need to add then a filter on your measures/page to filter accordingly.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Power BI Dev Camp - June 24th

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors