Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

How to add external users

Hi All,

I have Power BI Pro license. I want to publish report with RLS to external user.  But I cannot enforced external user to purchase or use power bi license. Suppose I have total 25 different external user, so I cannot enforced them to purchase any license I want them to just login and able to see the report based on their roles.

What is the best approach to achieve the above requirement?

Any lead would be really appreciated.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!
3 REPLIES 3
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Uzi2019 ,

You can distribute Power BI content to external guest users using Azure Active Directory B2B

Please kindly refer to below offcial document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/whitepaper-azure-b2b-power-bi

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

I know the concept of pro license. but I can not enforce client to buy pro license. I just want them to login with their own credential via web application and used powe bi report with respective role.  

For one client, we have 25 external users like wise we have 10 clients and 10*25=250 so this is not sufficient to add them all into organization's Azure AD and tell all of them to purchase Pro before view the reports.

Is there any way?

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Uzi2019 they need pro license, either they bring their own or you set up under your tenant

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.