Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DJC

How to add column with date from file name of source data

Hi,

I have 5 source files from different locations with sales data. These source data files refresh at different frequencies (daily, weekly, monthly) and I would like to create a column to reference the date used in the source data file name to reference when the data was last refreshed in our Power BI.

Any ideas? I’ve not had much luck so far finding similar queries which have been resolved.

Many thanks

Despairing Dee!
1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @DJC,

I have 5 source files from different locations with sales data. These source data files refresh at different frequencies (daily, weekly, monthly) and I would like to create a column to reference the date used in the source data file name to reference when the data was last refreshed in our Power BI.

Each time when the data refreshes, will the file name change with new date, or a new file with new date in its file name will be added?

How did you import the 5 source files into Power BI, with the Folder connector or other file connectors? Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.