Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to add a total to a Value Column

Hello

I have a matrix.  There are 2 rows, Portfolio and PortfolioText and 2 Values cur_Amount and GBP. 

I'd like to get the totals of all the rows into one final grand total at the botttom of the report but I dont want the individual row totals.

Is this possible?  Otherwise the report looks messy like below

pripley_0-1648134226122.png

pripley_1-1648134235641.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

I create a sample to test with subtotal options, they work well to change the 'total level' visibility when I modify the 'per row total'.

Can you please share a pbix or some dummy data that keep the raw data structure? It should help us clarify your scenario and test.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

In addition, have you tried to turn off the new format panel and test again with these options at the old format panel?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RAZP
Regular Visitor

Yes try with the old format pane to make it easy:

• To turn off the new format pane preview, go to File > Options and settings > Options > Preview features > New Format pane
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Switch on- the per row level, then disable for series you do not want

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

The problem is that i get 3 options, All, Portfolio or PortfolioText.  Turning any of them off doesnt make any change - i still see the subtotals per row

pripley_0-1648138373434.png

Hi @Anonymous,

I create a sample to test with subtotal options, they work well to change the 'total level' visibility when I modify the 'per row total'.

Can you please share a pbix or some dummy data that keep the raw data structure? It should help us clarify your scenario and test.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

In addition, have you tried to turn off the new format panel and test again with these options at the old format panel?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.