Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ihebos
Frequent Visitor

How to add a start date and end date slicer that shows only first of the months?

Hi community!

Is there a way to add a start date and end date slicer (date range) that shows only the first of the month 

exemple 01/Jan/2019 - 01/Jul/2019 but don't want the user to be able to choose date like 23/Jan/2019 - 13/Jul/2019

slicer.PNG

If not is there a work arround??

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The source column that i'am using in the slicer contains only first of the month dates, despite that the slicer shows me all the possible dates, it's like the dates are within the slicer itself 😞 

slicer2.PNG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Nayan_surya
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Ihebos ,

I think you might benefit from using a custom visual like Date Picker from Powerviz. It has feature called invalid dates which does not allows users to select the dates which do not have data for the dates. As shown in below image. 

Nayan_surya_0-1702627249085.png

I think you should check them out.

Here is a link if you want to check this visual - https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/powerbivisuals/truvizinc1674781244292.date-picker-by-p...  (I believe they offer a free version too)

Cmcmahan
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

If you create a new table of dates that only has the first of the month for your date range, relate it to your calendar table, and set the slicer up with that table, it should work. 

The source column that i'am using in the slicer contains only first of the month dates, despite that the slicer shows me all the possible dates, it's like the dates are within the slicer itself 😞 

slicer2.PNG

Ahh, then you're running into an issue with PowerBI automatically puts a date dimension behind dates.  I'm not aware of a way to lock available dates within the default slicer on the range setting.

You could try using something like this Timeline slicer to slice by the month or the HierarchySlicer instead of a traditional slicer.

Since there is no other solutions i'll try The timeline slicer looks like not bad at all!

Thanks very much!! 😄

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.