OHM Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

How to add a number of days (leadtime) to a date

I need a DAX formula to add a number of days (leadtime) to a date, returning a new date. The added days is piced from a variable, so it is not a fixed number.

The needed function will be like this

"Original Date" + "# of days" returns "New Date" 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How to add a number of days (leadtime) to a date

Hi OHM

I would suggest creating a seperate table with the category in one column and additional days in the other. Provided this category is also in the orignial dataset you can link between your current table and this new table, creating a relationship between the category in each table.

Then you should be able to create a new column in your original table along the lines of:

Leadtime Deadline = [Original Date] + table2[additional days]

Having the second table means that if any of the variable additional days change you can simply update that table rather than updating the query/calculation. Best of luck

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: How to add a number of days (leadtime) to a date

Hi OHM

I would suggest creating a seperate table with the category in one column and additional days in the other. Provided this category is also in the orignial dataset you can link between your current table and this new table, creating a relationship between the category in each table.

Then you should be able to create a new column in your original table along the lines of:

Leadtime Deadline = [Original Date] + table2[additional days]

Having the second table means that if any of the variable additional days change you can simply update that table rather than updating the query/calculation. Best of luck