Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rajeev138

How to add a new row and do percentage calculations from the above cell

Hi

I have a Sell Out (SO) report to be generated in BI Matrix in Power BI. Given below are the output required and Issues being faced to do so.

I am also hereby enclosing the excel raw data which I am using to generate this report and the required out in the next sheet.

1. Month's: (Oct'15, Nov'15, Dec'15 & Jan'16) in Coloumn in A1, A2, A3, A4 & A5 respectively

2. Days: Day 1 to Day 31 in coloumn B1 to AF

3. Data of days month wise from B2 to AF5

Required:

I want to create a row in BI as "Jan vs Dec" and find out the differences in percentage between the Jan and Dec for each cell.

Issues:

1. Unable to create a new row

2. Unable to calculate the percentage between the two cells (Example: Dec'15, day1 is 5 units sold and Jan'16, day1 is 74 units sold. the difference in pecentage come's to 69%. How can I do the same thing in BI.

Regards

Rajeev

Sellout data output.jpg

Sellout raw data.jpg

1 REPLY 1
DAN
Advocate II
Advocate II

In Excel, you talk about cell BUT in Power BI Desktop/Service, we talk about COLUMN. It means that you ca'nt access the cell like the way you do in Excel. The min reference level you can access is COLUMN.

1/ You can't add a new row in the result. Power BI Desktop Report's View is only for VISUALIZE. If you want to visualize smt, you have to make change in your Power BI Desktop Data's view. (by adding a new calculated column / measure which contains DAX expression and then the with that measure / calculated column, you will display it in "Power BI Desktop report's mode)

2/ Like i said in the 1st point. Do all your calculate in Power BI Data's View

Here is the link for some tutorials with Power BI Desktop: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/fr-fr/documentation/powerbi-desktop-getting-started/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.