Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to add a dynamic line to my line chart

Okay so I have a report that includes a line chart with a picture below showing what it looks like. The black dotted line is the projection line for the chart but right now it is a constant line under analytics. I was wondering how I can add a slicer to this line so when I choose another country the projection line is dynamic with it and it moves accordingly. I am fimiliar with adding another field to the chart but I need to have a legend value and you cant have two value fields with a legend which I find puzzlingly. Any help would be great and im fairly new to DAX so bear with me.Capture.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly mark the helpful answer as a solution if you feel that makes sense. Welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from here.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you please share some screenshots of your visual? How do you set the line? As I know, it will be dynamic unless you set a constant line. Please reference the document: Using the Analytics pane in Power BI Desktop .

1.PNG2.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
rajulshah
Super User
Super User

Hello @Anonymous,

You can use a line chart with the measure of the line and the dynamic dashed line. And then you can go to Format Pane > Shapes > Customize Series and for the measure of the dynamic dashed line, you can set Line Style and for blank color, you can set that in Data colors.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am confused as to what you are saying. Thanks for taking the time to help me but do you mind showing an example?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for late back. I took a long vacation. Please see the attachment below.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.