Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GreggPowell
Helper I
Helper I

How to add a divisor to the y-axis scale in a clustered column chart

Have a report that shows average ticket resultion time on the y-axis, and customer service agents on the x-axis. The ticket-resolution time in the table is in hh:mm:ss. But, the x-axis insists on showing the resolution time in seconds no matter what I do (see below). I want to show the scale on the y-axis in something that is intuitive - either hours or days (days would be best). If I could there was someway to force powerBI to force the y-axis to devide the existing scale in seconds by 86400 - then it would be in days. That would make more sense looking at it.

By chance - is this possible?

Thanks,

Gregg

Images below...

GreggPowell_0-1637873110248.png

GreggPowell_1-1637873263018.png

5 REPLIES 5
GreggPowell
Helper I
Helper I

"so if you want it to be days or hours, you would need to create a calculation that converted the seconds into hours or days"...........

That is what I was originally asking about - I'm looking for some instructions on how to do this - how to add a devisor to the y-xis graduation - If I devide the y-axis graduation units (seconds) by 86400, I will get days.... but how to do that?

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

time is a measure, here, its not a hierarchy or categorical, how are you trying to use it, what are you expecting to see?  you have placed it on the value section of the pane, therefore it is seeing it as a measure.  

In order to use hours or seconds, you will need to make it categorical. Place it on the legend or change the axis with assignee and put that on the legend.

what are you expecting to see, can you give an example?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

I tried adding assignee to the legend - would not let me. same for (sum)Conversation resolution time (Business Hours) (seconds).

What I'm hoping to see is the y-axis scale on the left graduated in days ideally, hours I guess would be ok - but seconds is not intuitive to look at.

well since its a measure it is just going to do a sum of what you have, so if you want it to be days or hours, you would need to create a calculation that converted the seconds into hours or days, as its not categorical so it will not allow you to choose one or the other, its a measure in the way you are using it.  

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

"so if you want it to be days or hours, you would need to create a calculation that converted the seconds into hours or days,"  - that is what I need to try and figure out - that kind of gets at my original question - how to add a devisor the y-axis units - If I devinde the units as they are now (seconds) by 86400, then the resultant would be hours - How can I do that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.