Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

How to add a calculated column to a matrix

Hi,

I know there is a similar topic in the thread but I couldn't achieve what I wanted following the solution (maybe because my data model is different). Basically what I need is to divide one column by another in the matrix (actual vs target).

Please click the link to the pbix file 

and the picture of the matrix itself that I want to achieve.Matrix.jpg

Really appreciate your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @powerbiuser444 ,

Please refer to my .pbix file.

v-lionel-msft_1-1622442918489.png

In addition, I used the "Sort by column" feature in the calculation table below.

v-lionel-msft_2-1622442932751.png

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @powerbiuser444 ,

Please refer to my .pbix file.

v-lionel-msft_1-1622442918489.png

In addition, I used the "Sort by column" feature in the calculation table below.

v-lionel-msft_2-1622442932751.png

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-lionel-msft thanks for your time. Unfortunately, when I add slicers for Campaign and Agents, your measure doesn't recalculate. The numbers for SPH and Target vs Actual are static. Is it possible to modify the measures so the numbers are recalculated based on what Campaign and Agent selected?

gboppana

Unfortunately, with the data model you have, it is not posisble to insert the calculated column the way you want.  Suggest to insert the Traget vs ACtual values in the dataset itself (i.e. calcluate in the source itself). Hope this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.