Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shyamily_123
Frequent Visitor

How to add SharePoint link as hyperlink to column

I have a requirement to add hyperlink in one of my column called projectname.

Secenario is like this, My dataset is SharePointand it contains the list of projects created by client.

When client filter any visual from dashboard and when he click on any project name, he want to redirect to that row in sharepoint for making any changes for that 

7 REPLIES 7
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shyamily_123 

You need to prepare the URLs of those projects in a table column in advance. Then add this URL column to a table or a matrix in the report. Select the URL column, on the Column tools tab, select Data category > Web URL. You can refer to the following article to get detailed guidance. 

Add hyperlinks (URLs) to a table or matrix - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

My requirement is when i click on a  project name it should redirect to that exact row in SharePoint.

Above solution is useful when i want to open that sharepoint list. Here that's not the case, i want to open that sharepoint site and the row that i clicked on power bi table visual.

Hi @shyamily_123 

Are these projects in the same sharepoint site? Do they have a similar URL format? If they do, you can add a column to get the dynamic URLs by concatenating the basic URL section and project name column. For exmaple, 

URL column = "https://xxxxxxbasicURLxxx/" & 'TableName'[Project Name]

Best regards,

Jing

@v-jingzhang Yes,these projects are in the same sharepoint site . Now i have 180 projects in that share point. My dashboard has a table visual which contains all columns and rows present in the sharepoint list. Client want to open sharepouint list when he click on any project name from project column.We tried with hyperlink , it opens the sharepoint list but what we need is when he click on any project name in the table visual this hyperlink should redirect to that exact row in sharepoint list.

Will it possible with power bi ?

Please help!!!

Hi @shyamily_123 

If I understand it correctly, all projects are in the same sharepoing list. So if we want to redirect to a specific row in the sharepoint list, we need to be able to identify every row through the URL. 

Based on my test, every item in a Sharepoint list has a unique link for access. However I'm not sure if we can export these links along with all columns of items. So the next step is to find ways to get these links in bulk. However, I haven't found the solution yet. 

vjingzhang_0-1669975189603.png

Best regards,

Jing

Hi @v-jingzhang ,

Thanks. Now we are trying to auto populate url of each row from SharePoint list  using dyanmic formulas like DAX or calculated measure. When new raw is inserted then sharepoint will auto populate that row's url. Is there any solution for that other than using Power app?

Hi,I need a dynamic solution because here daily new projects are being added. So it's not possible to add link for each project name.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.