Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Patv
Helper II
Helper II

How to add Hyperlinks in two columns in Table Visualization in Desktop

Hi Friends, 

I am trying to do simple thing but doesn't work. I have two columns in Table Visulalization and I want to add hyperlink to both columns but It doesn't work. 

If you see below Screen, " Renewal Request No"  first and "Questionanaire Request No" second.  I have added URL using Conditional Formatiing to both columns. If you notice, whereever "Questionnaire Request No" is empty, the 'Renewal Request No" doesn't have hyperlink. How to fix it? I want Hyperlink in both columns. Thank you for your help in advance!

Pic12.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Patv ;

I found the reason, mainly caused by your model relationship; Because here you use show items with no data.

vyalanwumsft_0-1648002512950.png

so if the REQUEST_ID that doesn't appear in Table 2 will also show up in the visual object, whereas when we use the Web Url, it recognizes the first value.

vyalanwumsft_1-1648002593396.png

We could tested it, if we put first field, we could see blank.

vyalanwumsft_2-1648002675907.png

So the Url is also empty, so there will be no hyperlinks. (Maybe I didn't explain it clearly enough, but here's the solution).

Solution:

1.create a table.

Table = 
var _a= SUMMARIZE(FILTER('ALMSMR_DETAILS_V',NOT([REQUEST_ID]) in VALUES('ALMSMR_QUES_DETAILS_V'[RENEWAL_REF_REQUEST_ID])) ,
                   [REQUEST_ID],"QUES_REQUEST_ID",BLANK())
var _b=SUMMARIZE('ALMSMR_QUES_DETAILS_V',ALMSMR_QUES_DETAILS_V[RENEWAL_REF_REQUEST_ID],[QUES_REQUEST_ID])
return UNION(_a,_b)

2.then set web url.

vyalanwumsft_3-1648002843543.pngvyalanwumsft_4-1648002853048.png

The final output is shown below:

vyalanwumsft_5-1648002904296.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Patv ;

I found the reason, mainly caused by your model relationship; Because here you use show items with no data.

vyalanwumsft_0-1648002512950.png

so if the REQUEST_ID that doesn't appear in Table 2 will also show up in the visual object, whereas when we use the Web Url, it recognizes the first value.

vyalanwumsft_1-1648002593396.png

We could tested it, if we put first field, we could see blank.

vyalanwumsft_2-1648002675907.png

So the Url is also empty, so there will be no hyperlinks. (Maybe I didn't explain it clearly enough, but here's the solution).

Solution:

1.create a table.

Table = 
var _a= SUMMARIZE(FILTER('ALMSMR_DETAILS_V',NOT([REQUEST_ID]) in VALUES('ALMSMR_QUES_DETAILS_V'[RENEWAL_REF_REQUEST_ID])) ,
                   [REQUEST_ID],"QUES_REQUEST_ID",BLANK())
var _b=SUMMARIZE('ALMSMR_QUES_DETAILS_V',ALMSMR_QUES_DETAILS_V[RENEWAL_REF_REQUEST_ID],[QUES_REQUEST_ID])
return UNION(_a,_b)

2.then set web url.

vyalanwumsft_3-1648002843543.pngvyalanwumsft_4-1648002853048.png

The final output is shown below:

vyalanwumsft_5-1648002904296.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI, @v-yalanwu-msft ,  Thank you so much for detail description and finding me a solution. I really appreciate your time to solve this issue.  Thank you again!

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Patv ;

I tested it, Sorry I can't reproduce your question, can you share the way you created the hyperlink and a simple document?

vyalanwumsft_0-1647833181225.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-hyperlinks-in-tables

Best Regards,

Hi @v-yalanwu-msft , 

Thank you for your reply and I really appreciate it. I am have a URL column in DB and I have applied conditional formatting to columns in order to make hyperlink.. Please find attached .PBIX file where I am having trouble creating hyperlink for two columns.
if you notice in Request_Id colunm, some of the values don't have Hyperlink.

I have uploaded .PBIX filed to google drive. Please download it from there and let me know if the link doesn't work. Thank you for your help in advance!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K1r7i7L4BOelqYjwK5jfxyzM1_85NEO4/view?usp=sharing

truptis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Patv , Please check if in the values, your URL icon is ON?

Hi Tuptis,  I have checked that URL Icon is ON. Please see screen shot ( attached).  Wherever there is no Questionnarie Request No. for  Renewal Request No, I don't get URL. 

Pic13.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.