Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to add Dataset's Last Refresh Date on your Power BI report.

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know how can I display dataset's last refresh date of my power bi report? I want to display below date. I want this option on report, not on dashboard.

I  Capture.JPG

Shikha

9 REPLIES 9
shakthimaan
Employee
Employee

"Home" -> "Enter Data" -> Just create a blank one --> Create Column -->  "

Refresh Date = NOW()"

This way we can fetch the last successful refresh date by avoiding measures which could give wrong dates. 

Tomasz59
Frequent Visitor

If you are using Analysis Services and you use Automation Accounts in Azure to refresh it you can add line to your code to put date of refresh to table in SQL Database. Then you connect to this table in AAS and use MAX([LastRefreshDate]) in your report. 

It's not easy but it's exatly what you need. 

ssugar
Resolver III
Resolver III

Create a new Blank Query, and then add this into the Advanced Editor:

let
    Source = DateTimeZone.FixedUtcNow()
in
    Source

Then any time your report is refreshed, you'll be able to use this to show the date/time of the refresh.

We can use the following to Adjust the timezone:

let
Source = DateTimeZone.SwitchZone(DateTimeZone.FixedUtcNow(),-5)
in
Source

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for you quick response. My report is based on direct query, so I won't be able to create Blank Query. What do you suggest for this?

If it's directquery, then you could just create a new DAX measure:

Last Refresh = UTCNOW()

Anonymous
Not applicable

UTCNOW() displays current UTC timing, whenever we open the report. But whenever a report is opened that does not mean dataset is refreshed. So I want to show last refresh time from dataset, which is shown below.

Capture.JPG

If you're in directquery mode, anytime you open the report in the Power BI service the query is refreshed

From: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-directquery-about

"When opening an existing report in the Power BI service, or authoring a new one, the underlying data source is again queried to retrieve the necessary data."

Hi @Anonymous

Below is the similar post for your reference.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Visual-element-with-timestamp-for-last-data-update/td-p/112418

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.