cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shan04
Frequent Visitor

How to add 2 lines on a line chart with two different parameter from a same column?

For eg: My excel table consist

Status of request  Month 

Closed                   Januray

Cancelled              Feb

Pending                 MArch

Open

Closed

Pending

I want to show Total Requests and only closed requests on the line chart using 2 lines with month wise. when I am doing this the values are equal for toal and closed one it changes automatically.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pxg08680
Resolver III
Resolver III

@shan04

Out of my understanding you need two line 1. Total requests 2. Closed requests.

First you need to filter out the Closed Request from your available requests using an IF statement. 

Now you'll be having two columns one with total requests and one with Closed requests.

To get use two columns as values in a Line Chart you need to use PowerKPI visual. Drop the month column on axis feild and remaining two columns as KPI Indicator fields.

Hope this resolves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
pxg08680
Resolver III
Resolver III

@shan04

Out of my understanding you need two line 1. Total requests 2. Closed requests.

First you need to filter out the Closed Request from your available requests using an IF statement. 

Now you'll be having two columns one with total requests and one with Closed requests.

To get use two columns as values in a Line Chart you need to use PowerKPI visual. Drop the month column on axis feild and remaining two columns as KPI Indicator fields.

Hope this resolves your problem.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are You Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skills Challenge.

Top Solution Authors