Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

QQQ
Advocate I
Advocate I

How to Use Vertical/Horizontal Multiples in PowerBI

I am aware that MS Excel 2016 Power View has handy feature of Vertical Multiples and Horizontal Multiples.

Here is sample output. How to implement this in PowerBI. Cannot find this feature anywhere.

Plz don't tell me we have to manually create pie chart for each month and then pin to dashboard ....

enter image description here

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

You killed me with that graph friend  😞

The only option I know nowadays is doing it with R script and ggplot2 library:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/R-Script-Showcase/MultiChart-Vertical-Multiple-Charts/m-p/75449

hope it helps Man Happy

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @QQQ,

Please vote this idea: vertical-and-horizontal-multiples-small-multiples. Maybe we can have it soon. 

Please mark @Anonymous's answer as solution if it's convenient for you.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, this feature doesn't exist in Power BI.

However, for a dashboard design perspective, you may want to consider not using 12 pie charts.  I would recommend 2 visuals:

1) A column chart with Month on the X axis and your measure on the Y axis

2) A pie chart (or probably a bar chart) with whatever you're breaking each month up by on the y axis and your same measure as the value.

This also has the benefit of using less screen "real estate".

That way when the user is in Report View and clicks a single month, the cross-filtering will update the pie/bar chart to show how that month is broken out.

Asking a user to compare 12 pie charts simultaneously will likely result in confusion, not insight.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.