Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Simon911
Regular Visitor

How to Sum and display data monthly on graph?

I have created a report of sendgrid requests but the data is on daily basis and when i create a report it displays only the sum of one day (i.e. the sum of Jan 1st 2016, Feb 1st 2016 and so on) instead of month. Can anyone suggest how to sum full month data for all months so that on graph it displays full months data as a whole.

Refer image attached. I want to sum all data of column "TotalEmailRequests" so that i can get my month data when i create graph.

SumIssue.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

If you add a date table it will work as you would like. You would relate your sales facts to the date table using the date key for each day. Then you would populate the graph with the month from the date table. Your original sum calculation should work and would roll up to the date table through the relationship.

check out this link:

http://www.powerpivotpro.com/2011/11/the-ultimate-date-table/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

If you add a date table it will work as you would like. You would relate your sales facts to the date table using the date key for each day. Then you would populate the graph with the month from the date table. Your original sum calculation should work and would roll up to the date table through the relationship.

check out this link:

http://www.powerpivotpro.com/2011/11/the-ultimate-date-table/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.