Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Show a count of the number of times my dataset has been refreshed ?

Hello Community,

One of our report users have recently asked us on how we can show the count in a Power Bi report which basically speaks about the number of times dataset refreshed in a day .

(Example: Report refreshed 2 times )

Is there a way to program that in report ? 

Thanks,

G Venkatesh 

4 REPLIES 4
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous

You need to be the power bi service admin or global admin to access the admin portal. Then you can access the refresh summaries for power bi. 

Refresh summaries for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the reply . I found some thing useful for time being . 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/datasets/getrefreshhistoryingroup?WT.mc_id=DP-MVP...

However, this will provide us the details of just one report . Hopefully we will see something coming up soon for developers as every report writer will not have access to Admin Portal . 

G Venkatesh 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , if you are premium user, these are available in premium monitor apps https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-premium-monitor-capacity#refreshes-area

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the reply. Yes i am a Premium capacity User. However, I only develop reports and Admin to few workspaces . (Not an Admin to tenant though) 

I am trying to get an APP ( Premium capacity metrics) . I am not sure if this works in my case or not .

Do we need to be an Admin of the tenant or part of Administration team to use this APP ?

Thanks,

G Venkatesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.