Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pratima
Helper III
Helper III

How to Resolve this..... ?????

Hi All,

How to Resolve this..... ?????

Details: "Microsoft Access: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider may be required to read 'PowerBI.accdb'. To download the client software, visit the following site: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=285987."

Thanks,

Pratima

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Resolved .......

After  installing this AccessDatabaseEngine_X64 on my machine, error resolved

Thanks,

Pratima

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I resolved this error by doing the following:

After the error message, click edit.

error.message.jpg

Then, open the file as a csv document.

csv snap.jpg

Sleigher
Frequent Visitor

Ok, so resolved for desktop client and the dataset is sitting on SharePoint - but now when I perform a scheduled refresh on the published datasource in PBI portal, I get the same error....

It's not like I can install 64-bit provider online....now what?

Hi @Sleigher , could you let me know how you resolved the issue, Im facing the same one.
Thanks in advance

Your scheduled refresh operates over the on-premise data gateway, which would be installed on a machine somewhere in your on-premise environment (not online). So you would need to install the 64-bit provider on that machine.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Pratima,

First, please check the version of Office and Power BI desktop you have installed on your machine. As described in this document, this situation often occurs when the installed version of Microsoft Office is 32-bit, and the version of Power BI Desktop installed is 64-bit. The opposite can occur as well.

Then, from the error prompt, the ACE OLEDB provider is required to connect Access database so that it can fetch data from Access. So, please download Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable on your machine.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft ,

How to connect power BI desktop with Access database Engine to import .xls file?

Resolved .......

After  installing this AccessDatabaseEngine_X64 on my machine, error resolved

Thanks,

Pratima

hi,

while i am downloding the file "AccessDatabaseEngine_X64"  its showing this  file is harm to your Machine. is there any other way to solve the problem????

with Regards

Raju

Anonymous
Not applicable

Were you able to solve this issue by instaling the 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider on the machine with your Power Bi gateway? Thank you for the help!

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You're trying to access an MS Access database that has a different bit configuration (32 or 64) than your PowerBI desktop (also in 32 or 64 bit configuration).  You can either:

1.  Change your PowerBI desktop application to the other version, or

2.  Find out how to use 32-bit MS Access with 64-bit PowerBI - it can be done and the instuctions are out there.  Try http://exceleratorbi.com.au/64-bit-power-bi-desktop-32-bit-office-can-do/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.