Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

xiumi_hou
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

How to Remove Filter with blank selection

Dear All,

I have several filters, ex: Year /Month/People Name. All of the scliers come with a blank selection. I want to know how to remove the blank selection? And is there a way to show part of the sclier(Ex, I have year 2013-2019, however, I just want to show sclier with year 2017-2019) ?Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@xiumi_hou you have to click on the slicer and circle on the chart, means when you select the value on the slicer, it doesnt filter the chart. You need to do opposite way what you showed there.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@xiumi_hou you can set report level filter to exclude blanks and also set up the range for year to 2017-2019.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Thanks! That's totally what I want. By the way, do you know how should I set the restrcition for single filter do not control single graph? Ex. I have a trend chart which do not by to control by the sclier. Thanks. @parry2k 

@xiumi_hou go to format tab, click edit interactions, select your slicer and then you can change the interaction of each visual when a slicer is selected and when option in that is not to filter the visual, chose that for your graph. here is more information on this.

Thanks Parry. Please see below screenshot: I try to show all the month date in trend chart. So when I clicked the left side slicer to circle to grey, it still can control my trend chart, Any idea about this? Thank you so much. @parry2k Question.JPG

@xiumi_hou you have to click on the slicer and circle on the chart, means when you select the value on the slicer, it doesnt filter the chart. You need to do opposite way what you showed there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.